Women In News (WIN) Leadership Development Program for MENA Region 2018/2019
Deadline: September 27, 2018
Applications are open for Women In News MENA 2018/2019. Women in News (WIN) and the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) invite applications for the fourth year of the program in the Middle-East and North Africa is now open.
WIN works with media companies and their high potential female employees to overcome the gender gap in management and senior management positions. The program seeks to equip women media professionals in middle and senior management positions with the right skills, knowledge and attitudes to help advance their careers. WIN provides them the support networks they need to take on a greater leadership role within their organizations and works with their organizations to create environments for high potential women to succeed.
The program will run from November 2018 till May 2019 and successful applicants will benefit from the following:
- Two weeks of Media Management Training certified by the American University in Cairo
- One-on-one coaching sessions with national coaches
- National and regional networking events
- Peer mentoring
- WAN-IFRA seeks high potential women journalists for Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine, especially those who work in print and digital media to be part of its flagship leadership development program.
- Applicants should be working as full-time journalists at a media organization published in one of the four countries or managing their own project. It is required that the application be signed and approved by a direct supervisor or a chief editor.
Note: Successful participants will be expected to travel on specific occasions throughout the program. The Media Management Training in Cairo will take place from 4 till 15 November 2018. Your availability for this will be crucial for the overall success of the program.
Successful applicants will be contacted during the second week of October 2018.
For more information, visit Women In News MENA.