Cultural Survival Indigenous Community Radio Grants Project 2018 (up to $8,000 USD)
Deadline: October 18, 2018
Applications for the Cultural Survival Indigenous Community Radio Grants Project 2018 are open. The Project is part of Cultural Survival’s Community Media Program, with a goal to empower Indigenous-owned and Indigenous-led community radio as a platform to inform, entertain, educate, and organize according to their own needs and collective interests as communities.
The aim for the Indigenous Community Media Grants Project is to strengthen the impact and influence of community radio stations at the local and regional levels in their work towards the revitalization of Indigenous cultures, languages, histories, philosophies, rights, the protection of ancestral territories and natural resources, and the promotion of women’s leadership.
- The maximum funds available for projects is $8,000 USD
- Indigenous community radio stations from Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, Nepal, Northern India, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa are eligible to apply;
- Concept proposals can be received written, in audio or video in the following languages: Spanish, English, Russian, Nepali, Sunuwar, Hindi, K’iche’, Mam, Didxazá (Zapoteco del Itsmo).
Projects will be selected based on their creativity, self-sustainability, vision, and work regarding Indigenous rights and culture.
The first phase of proposals is the submission of a letter, audio or video recording detailing the concept of the project. The letter should be limited to two pages and the recording should not exceed three minutes. If chosen, the community radio will be invited to develop a more developed proposal in Spanish or English only. The concept proposal application is designed to be accessible to Indigenous communities with different capacities.
The concept proposal, audio recording, written, or video shall include:
- Name of the community radio and brief history of its origin. Add links to website or facebook pages related to your radio/organization.
- Indigenous nation served by the radio, population, and population percentage served by this radio.
- What is the need of this community radio station or community?
- What is the project idea that addresses that need?
- A brief description of proposed activities
- At the end of the project, what do you expect to achieve?
- Budget request ($8,000.00 maximum). Prepare your budget in local currency and in US dollars.
To submit your concept letter or audio, contact: [email protected]
For more information, visit Cultural Survival Indigenous Community Radio Grants.