eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN Programme 2018 (fully-funded)
Deadline: November 18, 2018
Applications are open for the eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN programme. The eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN is a partnership programme between Maybank Foundation and ASEAN Foundation that consists of mentoring, regional leadership training, and overseas local community projects. In the programme, you will be able to unleash your creativity while leaving lasting impacts on the ASEAN Community. Be empowered, so you can empower others.
The community projects will be incubated to be scaled up in the coming years as social enterprises across the region to become the foremost initiative in Southeast Asia for catalysing youth participation and impact on their communities. The programme is initiated with the realization that the future of ASEAN is in the hands of youths, and their energy and creativity can be channeled into challenging and meaningful activities to strengthen community bonds, encourage volunteerism and philanthropy, and generate innovative solutions to socio-economic challenges.
The programme aims to make a sustained and positive impact on ASEAN youth empowerment and ASEAN community building efforts. More specifically, this programme has the objectives to:
- To promote volunteerism, social innovation, and awareness of ASEAN
- To create an alternative career path for youths
- To raise the awareness among ASEAN youths on social causes
- To improve social and economic well-being of ASEAN communities through social enterprises
Accepted participants will receive:
- A fully-funded orientation and capacity building prior departure to the community project.
- Return flight ticket from home country to the volunteer location
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and local transport
- A grant to implement the two weeks overseas local community project
The programme organisers will not cover the following:
- Local transport from the participants’ home to the airport
- Any other expenses not directly related to the programme
This programme is eligible for anyone who fulfil these criteria.
- Age of 19 – 35 years old by applicant’s next birthday (2019)
- Citizens of ASEAN Member States
- Fluency in English, as mentoring, trainings, and general communication during the programme will be fully conducted in English, participants are required to be able to have verbal and written fluency in English.
- Full commitment themselves to one-week regional training from 20 to 25 January 2019 and two weeks overseas volunteering project on from 17 February to 2 March 2019.
To apply for this programme, visit this link bit.ly/eMpoweringYouthsApplication.
For more information, visit eMpowering Youths.