AFD Digital Challenge for Startups Promoting Gender Equality 2018 (€85,000 prize)
Deadline: November 12, 2018
Have you created a company leveraging digital innovation tackling gender inequalities or economic, social, cultural, political inclusion of women in Africa? Apply for the AFD Digital Challenge 2018.
The AFD Digital Challenge is a tech startups challenge for women inclusion. The challenge aims to promote entrepreneurial initiatives managed by women and/or men, tackling the challenges of women’s inclusion and gender inequalities – whether social, economic, cultural or political – and leveraging digital innovation for their development.
- Digital Challenge Success – €50,000: Rewarding two startups going through the expansion phase and demonstrating an outstanding ability to scale up and develop.
- Digital Challenge – Jury’s Award – €20,000: Rewarding one startup demonstrating outstanding originality and uniqueness in its approach to the challenge of women inclusion;
- Digital Challenge Initiative – €15,000: Rewarding two startups going through the induction phase and demonstrating an outstanding ability to innovate.
- Open to any innovative entrepreneurial initiative:
- Demonstrating the existence of a legal form and having a proven activity on the African continent
- Owned by women and/or men, and having a positive impact on women’s inclusion and the reduction of gender inequalities
leveraging digital technologies to amplify its impact
For more information, visit AFD Digital Challenge.