US-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: November 15, 2018
Applications for the US-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program 2019 are open. The Tomorrow’s Leaders (TL) supports academically qualified, financially disadvantaged high school graduates in the Middle East and North Africa by providing a four-year academic matriculation, civic education, and leadership development through American accredited institutions in the region.
In addition to receiving undergraduate education, students will benefit from mentoring, career development, internship, and micro-grant opportunities with local civil society, business, and non-governmental organizations and networks. Facilitated by each host institution, students participate in initiatives throughout their academic program that go beyond the traditional classroom to foster leadership development and encourage civic engagement.
- The program covers university tuition and fees, a study abroad experience in the U.S., insurance, housing, and monthly allowance. Students requiring English preparatory work may be enrolled in one to two semesters of college preparatory English classes before entering degree programs.
- Open to high school graduates in the Middle East and North Africa, who are qualified but unable to afford a college education. Students enroll at the undergraduate level in a four-year program;
- For the Fall 2019 enrollment class, applicants must be citizens of Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Syria, and Yemen, and cannot hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident;
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior or recent high school graduate at the time of application;
- Demonstrate strong leadership potential;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrate strong academic performance;
- Ability to start the program in August/September 2019.
For more information, visit US-MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program.