Visby Scholarship Program for PhD Studies and Postdoctoral Research 2018/2019
Deadline: December 12, 2018
Are you a PhD student, postdoc or senior researcher from one of the countries included in the EU Eastern Partnership or Russia, and interested in a research visit to Sweden? Apply for Visby Scholarship Program 2018/2019.
The scholarship provides an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities. The Visby Program aims at building capacity in professionals who have the ambition to play an active role in society and to contribute to a positive development in their home countries and region.
The program focuses on the individual mobility of academic talents to promote professional collaboration and lasting relations between Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Sweden and Ukraine. The goal is to build an integrated, knowledge-based and research-intense region where environmental and social sustainability, innovation and responsibility in management are key factors in achieving sustainable economic growth and regional development.
The scholarship includes:
- SEK 18,000 monthly grant for living expenses for PhD students
- SEK 21,000 monthly grant for living expenses for postdocs and senior researchers
- Travel grant of SEK 5,000
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
To qualify you need to belong to one of the following categories:
- PhD student – PhD students/candidates applying for one long-term visit of 6, 9 or 12 months
- Postdoctoral researcher – Postdoctoral researchers applying for one long-term visit of 6, 9 or 12 months. Holders of a PhD degree, preferably from 2014 or later
- Senior researcher – Holders of a PhD degree who do not fit into the category of postdoctoral researchers, above, applying for one long-term visit of 6 months maximum
- Sandwich model – PhD students, postdoctoral and senior researchers applying for a scholarship over several shorter visits. Maximum three research visits per year, over three years. You may apply for the total number of months as specified for each category above (minimum 6 months). Each visit must be minimum 1 month. The scholarship visit(s) must be carried out by the end of 2021
For more information, visit Visby Scholarships.