Zenith Reporting Grant for Young Journalists 2019 (Up to 6,000 Euros)
Deadline: January 18, 2019
Are you a young journalist interested in the Arab world? Are you working in the Middle East or North Africa? Do you already have a great idea for a long-read feature in mind? And you would like to try a new format combing text, photo and video elements for a multimedia story? Apply for the zenith Reporting Grant 2019.
From experience, zenith knows how hard it is to tell a great story in detail amid the daily scheduling pressures in journalism. They also know how rare the opportunities are for young journalists to work intensively on a topic for several days or even weeks. Even more so, when the resulting work is not the stuff for the latest breaking news contest, but rather an in-depth feature challenging readers. The zenith Reporting Grant 2019 wants to fill this void and help to promote in-depth journalism.
- Three journalistic research projects will be supported with a maximum amount of 2000 Euro each.
- Journalists who are not older than 32 years and who live and work as journalists in one of the following countries are eligible to participate: Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Sudan, Djibouti, Somalia, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Qatar and Mauritania.
Are you interested and meet the criteria? Then answer the following three questions in German, English or Arabic:
- What is the story you want to research? In which way do you want to present it? And why do you think you are the right person to receive the “zenith Reporting Grant 2019”? (max. 500 words)
- How much is the budget that you need for your report? On what exactly do you plan to spend it? (max. 100 words)
- Name three published pieces that you are particularly proud of. (Links with a brief description are sufficient)
Send your answers, as well as your curriculum vitae (CV) in tabular form in a single PDF document attached to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you work on a fixed contract, they also require a written confirmation from your employer allowing you to pursue the research and exclusive publication of the funded feature by zenith Magazine in printed and digital form.
For more information, visit Zenith Reporting Grant.