Call for Young Professionals: SIWI World Water Week’s Scientific Program Committee 2019
Deadline: December 3, 2018
Apply to be part of the SIWI World Water Week 2019. SIWI is seeking nine committed young professionals to provide support to World Water Week’s Scientific Program Committee.
Each year World Water Week addresses a particular theme to enable a deeper examination of a specific water related topic. The thematic scope for World Water Week is formulated by its Scientific Program Committee (SPC), which also sets the seminar topics, reviews and selects the submitted abstracts and develops the seminar program. The theme for World Water Week 2019 is “Water for society – Including all“.
Joining the Young Scientific Program Committee (YSPC) is an opportunity for young professionals to expand their network and gain valuable experience. SIWI will provide each of the YSPC members with a full week complimentary registration to World Water Week.
The nine members of the YSPC work together with the Scientific Program Committee to develop the program of the thematic seminars. Tasks include:
- Screen and review abstracts received for each of the seminars (January to March)
- Provide support to the planning of the seminar program (April to August)
- Support the seminar rapporteur teams
- Candidates should be under 35 years of age
- All self-nominations need to be received by December 3, 2018.
Those interested in being part of the YSPC should contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Recommendation letter
- Motivation letter (max. 200 words)
- The seminar you would like to be involved in
For more information, visit SIWI.