American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue at Standord (AMENDS) 2019
Deadline: December 15, 2018
Applications for the American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue at Standord (AMENDS) 2019 are open. AMENDS is a student initiative at Stanford University that brings together the most promising youth change agents from across the Middle East, North Africa, and United States to learn from each other, connect with global leaders and resources, and share, through TED style talks, their ideas and experiences with the world.
The American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue (AMENDS)’s mission is to create a platform for promising youth leaders whose work impacts the Middle East, North Africa and United States to share and grow their initiatives. During the conference, delegates are provided with opportunities to develop key skills, network and collaborate with established leaders, experts, and fellow changemakers, and share the story of their initiatives with a wider audience after receiving coaching and editing support.
- Selected delegates will receive financial and logistical assistance with flights and visas to and from the 2019 AMENDS conference;
- Accommodations and food will be provided.
- Applicants must be 18 – 28 years old;
- Be proficient in English;
- Have innovative ideas and well thought-out initiatives that could affect positive change in the world;
- Have initiatives addressing political, social, or economic issues pertaining to the Middle East in innovative ways;
- Demonstrate the potential to further understanding between the respective regions and demonstrate potential to influence American-Middle Eastern affairs.
Accepted Delegates will
- Present a 10-12 minute video talk about their initiative at AMENDS conference. Hosted on AMENDS’ channel, these talks have over 70,000 people
- Attend a networking dinner
- Attend workshops and talks at the conference. In the past, this has included a talk by Prince Moulay Hicham, a workshop on presenting by the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and a workshop on design thinking by the Stanford d.school
- Join and take leadership in the AMEND Fellows Network, a self-sustaining network of 120 former delegates. For the past 3 years, a separate conference has been held annually for fellows at Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey
- Delegates are selected based on the level of their dedication to promoting change in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and/or in U.S.- MENA relations and the potential for their initiative to have an strong impact
- AMENDS will also heavily consider the past experiences and backgrounds of each delegate that will enable him/her to contribute a unique perspective to the conference, in order to ensure a rich, diverse group of delegates.
For more information, visit AMENDS.