B4 Workshop on Synthetic Biology for Young Indian Scientists 2019 (Funded)
Deadline: November 30, 2018
Application are open for the B4 Workshop on Synthetic Biology for Young Scientists 2019. The aim of this course is to introduce talented Indian students to the emerging area of Synthetic Biology – a highly interdisciplinary area that envisages rational fabrication and re-design of naturally occurring biological systems for useful purposes through application of engineering principles.
The two-week immersion course will introduce the students to some of the most exciting developments in this area, advanced techniques involved in genome engineering, and building metabolic pathways through didactic lectures and hands-on sessions. The students are expected to stay on campus for the duration of the workshop. The workshop will hold from January 21-February 2, 2019 at IBAB, Bengaluru.
- Travel and lodging costs for selected students will be covered.
- Open to advanced undergraduates (at least two years of study) and early graduate students from any scientific/technical background related to the course from an institution of higher education in India.
The following documents are needed to complete the application:
- One-page resume/CV
- One to two-page statement of interest, in which you describe the rationale for pursuing this course and what you hope to gain from it
- Academic transcript(s) or marks cards from higher secondary till the most recent academic course completed
- Two letters of recommendation. (The letters are to be uploaded by the recommender)
How to Apply
These instructions apply to non-Harvard candidates ONLY.
- Request an XID: You must do this in order to apply
- Follow the instructions on the email sent by the XID system. If you do not see it on your inbox, please check your spam folder
- Wait 24 hours after activating your XID, and then click here
- Log in with your XID (you cannot use the “HarvardKey” option). You are now able to begin your B4 application.
For more information, visit B4 Workshop.