Women’s World Summit Foundation Next Prize 2019 (USD $1000 prize)
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Applications are open for the Women’s World Summit Foundation Next Prize 2019. The prize honors women and women’s groups around the world exhibiting exceptional creativity, courage and commitment for the improvement of the quality of life in rural communities.
The Prize aims to draw international attention to laureates’ contributions to sustainable development, food security and peace, thus generating recognition and support for their initiatives and projects. While rural women are vital in providing examples of sound practices in their communities, they still do not have full access to tools needed for development, such as education, credit, land rights and participation in decision making.
By highlighting and awarding creative development leaders and their work, innovations and experiences enhancing the quality of rural life, WWSF participates in empowering rural women in their contribution to end rural poverty, improve gender equality, and advance women’s rights to peace and well-being.
- A prize of USD $1000 is awarded to each laureate
- Nominees should be women and women’s groups currently active in rural life whose efforts have not yet been acknowledged by other awards. They may not nominate themselves;
- The nominating organization or individual must have direct experience of the nominee’s work;
- The nominator may not nominate a family member, be a member of the nominated organization, nor can an organization nominate its senior officer (i.e. founder, president etc.);
- No more than 3 candidates may be presented by the same person/organization in the same year;
- The nominator commits, if possible, to organize an award ceremony if the candidate is selected for the Prize and invites the local and/or national media.
- Download the nomination form and nomination letter
- Nominations must include:
- Original signed letter of nomination indicating how the nominator knows the nominee and for how long
- Biographical data on the nominee (full name, age, education, place of work, background) and a detailed history of the nominee’s creative project (written by the nominator) including her motivation, innovative aspects, any obstacles overcome, and the impact in the community. Nominations must specify whether the nominee has received or is currently being nominated for other awards
- At least two original and signed endorsement letters from organizations or individuals other than the nominator and, if possible, additional supporting materials such as newspaper articles or publications
- A few labeled photographs clearly showing the candidate for possible publication
Nomination materials should arrive no later than April 30 through the post only
WWSF Women’s World Summit Foundation
PO. BOX 5490
1211 Geneva 11, Switzerland
For more information, visit WWSF.