Deadline: March 21, 2019
Applications are open for the Anita Borg Systers Pass It On Awards 2019. The Awards honor Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of women technologists helping each other.
The cash award helps fund women in computing or projects that inspire and support girls and women to enter computing. They encourage recipients to “pass on” the benefits they gain from the award, creating a movement of women helping women. These awards are funded by generous donations from Systers, their online community founded by Anita Borg in 1987, and other members of the community.
At AnitaB.org, they envision a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it. They connect, inspire, and guide women in computing, and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
- Awards range up to $1,000 USD.
- Open to any woman over 18 years old in or aspiring to be in the fields of computing;
- Awards are open to women in all countries;
- Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
For more information, visit Pass It On Awards.