United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) Funding Program for CSOs 2019
Deadline: January 15, 2019
Applications are invited for the United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) Funding Program 2019. UNDEF supports two-year projects that empower civil society, promote human rights, and encourage the participation of all groups in democratic processes.
The large majority of UNDEF funds go to local civil society organizations. In this way, UNDEF plays a distinct role in complementing the UN’s other work – the work with Governments – to strengthen democratic governance around the world.
UNDEF invites project proposals covering one or more of eight thematic areas:
- Gender equality Community activism
- Rule of law and human rights
- Youth engagement
- Strengthening civil society interaction with Government
- Media and freedom of information
- Tools for knowledge
- Electoral processes
- UNDEF provides grants of up to US$300,000 per project.
- Open to civil society organizations;
- Project proposals may be submitted in English or French, the two working languages of the UN.
For more information, visit UNDEF.