UN Habitat Academy of Sustainable Urban Mobility (AoSUM) 2019
Deadline: January 22, 2019
Applications are invited for the UN Habitat Academy of Sustainable Urban Mobility (AoSUM) 2019. The academy provides a combination of classroom and web-based training linked with targeted study tours to La Paz, Bolivia and São Paolo, Brazil from May 6-10, 2019.
Successful applicants will be given a pre-training preparation before the weeklong workshop which includes study visits. On return, participants are expected to put their learning into practice – and will be further benefitting from established partnerships, capacity building and technical advice by the organizing partners. Continuous learning and sharing will be facilitated in the long-term through the AoSUM alumni network.
The objectives of the program are:
- Orient decision-makers to develop an alternative paradigm for urban mobility in their city – that seeks to improve accessibility by introducing more efficient, inclusive, safe and innovative public transport integrated with active mobility modes;
- Facilitate exchange among decision-makers on best practices around sustainable urban mobility and land use integration;
- Foster discussions among urban practitioners, experts and system providers on innovative mobility solutions;
- Learn how to successfully embed innovative mobility solutions in mobility planning, policies & regulation;
- Be introduced to sustainable funding mechanisms, including the applicability of public-private partnerships;
- Build a knowledge base and partnership platform for continuous exchange on sustainable urban mobility.
- All costs of the stay in Latin America will be covered by the organizers;
- Flight costs should be covered by participants (subject to discussion).
- Open to decision-makers who wish to gain an advanced understanding of Sustainable and Innovative Urban Mobility Solutions;
- You are eligible to apply only if you are a representative of a local, regional or national government, transport operator or transport authority.
If interested, send an email to Stefanie.email@example.com with a Letter of Interest addressing the following:
- Name of your institution and mandate
- Staff position and experience
- What Urban Mobility Projects is your institution involved with?
- Describe how you would benefit from AoSUM?
For more information, UN Habitat.