Deadline: April 7, 2019
Applications are open for the Our Climate Voices (OCV) Summer Fellowship Program 2019. The OCV fellowships are a unique opportunity for you to join the OCV team. The fellowship will allow you to be fully immersed in the OCV’s storytelling mission, work with and be mentored by one of their core team members, and give you a chance to develop your arts activism and storytelling portfolio. Fellows will work remotely, and are asked to contribute 10-15 hours a week.
By the end of the fellowship, each Fellow will spearhead an OCV story from start to finish: identify a local climate justice leader in the community where they live, interview that climate justice leader, lead the editing process and publication on the OCV platform, and lead all social media and outreach for that story.
Our Climate Voices (OCV) is a trailblazing digital media organization dedicated to humanizing the climate disaster through storytelling, centering the voices of frontline communities and those most vulnerable to the impacts of climate change, and connecting people with ways to support climate solution-making work that impacted communities are already doing.
The key responsibilities of the Storytelling Fellow are to:
- Participate in and conduct OCV interviews that take place during the fellowship term;
- Track fast-moving climate justice developments for OCV to follow and amplify the voices of key leaders in the OCV’s movement;
- Transcribe OCV interviews that take place during the fellowship term; and
- Provide editorial support for final pieces.
The key responsibilities of the Design & Communications Fellow are to:
- Create dynamic graphic media for OCV’s fast-growing organization;
- Develop and manage social media posts; and
- Create a diverse portfolio of graphics including flyers, advertisements, and calls to action.
- They are looking for a Storytelling Fellow who is able to work quickly under time-constraints and a Design & Social Media Fellow who is able to incorporate OCV’s vision into digital media;
- Applicants must be comfortable discussing and presenting ideas to the team;
- Committed to the principles of environmental and climate justice;
- Detail-oriented and has previous editing experience; and
- Enthusiastic about the work at OCV.
For more information, visit OCV Summer Fellowship.