IBM Great Minds Student Internship 2019
Deadline: February 25, 2019
Applications are open for the IBM Great Minds Student Internship 2019. The Great Minds initiative is a competition for 3 to 6-month internships at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich, Nairobi or Johannesburg for students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The program provides students with the unique opportunity to work alongside world-class scientists in the leading industrial IT research organization. The internships will take place in 2019. The exact starting time and duration will be agreed upon with the winning students individually, taking into account their academic commitments and the availability of IBM staff.
IBM Research has been conducting the Great Minds internships for more than a decade. The experiences on both sides have been very positive. This program also benefits faculty members when the Great Minds winners bring back to their universities or departments a valuable understanding of real industry problems, knowledge of advanced IBM technologies, and contacts throughout IBM Research.
- IBM will pay the winners a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland, Kenya or South Africa, respectively. IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
- The program is open to any full-time student enrolled in a Master’s program in
- Artificial Intelligence
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Machine Learning
- Life Sciences
- Software Engineering
- Service Science
- Applicants should be enrolled at a recognized university in central or eastern Europe, the Middle East or Africa;
- The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form;
- IBM is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from both genders as well as minority groups. They would especially like to encourage qualified women to participate in this competition.
Participants must be nominated by a faculty member. A recommendation letter from your faculty member is mandatory.
For more information, visit IBM Great Minds Student Internship.