The African Exponent Journalism Job Opening 2019 (Paid Position)
Deadline: Rolling Basis
The African Exponent has journalism job opening for suitable candidates. The African Exponent is the premier source of reliable African news with a diverse global audience from over 30 African countries, the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India and China.
They are on a mission to help Africans and the world re-discover the African continent in new light. They publish stories about current events, African history, and culture from an Afrocentric perspective. They have also built out a blogging platform that can be used by anyone, regardless of where they are, to share their voice with the world.
As they continue to grow the platform both in the quality and quantity of the content that they publish, they are looking for a dedicated part time writer who will work closely with the founding team (Harvard and Oxford graduates) to fulfill several key responsibilities.
- Research, write and publish articles covering African breaking news in politics, business, culture, technology, entrepreneurship and life
- Collaborate with The African Exponent’s content manager to edit articles and ensure that they are of good quality before they are shared with the general public
- Paid role
- Applicants should have excellent writing and editorial skills;
- Have some experience with writing for online news outlets (this is desired but not required);
- Have a strong interest in telling Africa’s story in a new way;
- Want to challenge the status quo about how Africa is written about;
- Own a laptop, have a reliable internet access, and are able to work from home.
Interested applicants should send their CV to email@example.com
For more information, visit The African Exponent.