TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research 2019/2020
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Applications are open for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research 2019/2020. As part of TDR’s efforts to increase the capacity of LMICs to undertake a leadership role in research on the control of infectious diseases of poverty, they provide training grants with a focus on implementation research.
Support for postgraduate training is a TDR core area of work. Fellows generally go on to establish careers in research or public health in LMICs and are now part of the TDR Global network. The scheme provides a full academic scholarship in collaboration with universities in LMICs to train MSc students. The training is specifically focused on subjects or disciplines relevant to implementation research.
In 2015, the TDR postgraduate training scheme evolved from a focus on individuals to a partnership with seven universities in LMICs, selected by an external committee of public health experts. The following universities are partners with TDR in this scheme:
- James P Grant School of Public Health, BRAC University, Dhaka Bangladesh;
- Universidad de Antioquia, Medellín Colombia;
- University of Ghana, Accra, Ghana;
- Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia;
- American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon;
- University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg South Africa; and
- University of Zambia, Lusaka Zambia.
The scholarship includes:
- Full time tuition and board;
- Cost of dissertation research/field work;
- Return air travel from home country to institution and
- Contribution towards the purchase of essential textbooks/learning materials.
- Candidates must apply to institutions in their respective regions (Africa, Asia, Latin America or Middle East) to be eligible for consideration;
- Only candidates admitted into the university’s postgraduate degree programme will be considered for the scholarship.
Prospective candidates are advised to contact the institution directly for details on eligibility and academic requirements for admission. They should also familiarise themselves with the field of implementation research/implementation science which is the focus of this scheme.
Interested candidates must apply for admission into the postgraduate programme of one participating universities:
- James P Grant School of Public Health, BRAC University, Bangladesh
- Universidad de Antioquia, National School of Public Health, Colombia
- University of Ghana, School of Public Health, Ghana
- Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- American University of Beirut, Faculty of Health Sciences, Lebanon
- University of the Witwatersrand, School of Public Health, South Africa
- University of Zambia, Department of Public Health, Zambia
For more information, visit TDR Postgraduate Training Support.