UNESCO Sport and the SDGs Youth Funshop 2019 for young leaders from Asia-Pacific Region (Fully-funded to South Korea)
Deadline: June 1, 2019
Calling Young Leaders Using Sport as a Tool for Positive Social Change! The UNESCO Sport and the SDGs Youth Funshop is open! UNESCO is searching for young leaders from Asia and the Pacific to participate in the 2019 Sport & the SDGs youth FUNSHOP: a three-day event specially designed to advance the capabilities of youth activists who are using sport as a tool for sustainable development and peace.
Are you between 18 and 30 years old and an advocate for sport for development? Do you run or work in a sports-based organization? Are you a leader in your community? Apply now to participate in the 2019 UNESCO Sport and the SDGs Youth “Funshop” taking place from 5-8 September 2019 in Seoul, South Korea.
- Participants in the Funshop will have the opportunity to become members of the UNESCO Youth and Sport Task Force, a vibrant network of young leaders established in November 2017 following the first Sport Funshop held in Manila, Philippines.
- Sixty outstanding young leaders from various countries around Asia-Pacific will join the Korean youth to participate in intensive workshops, sport activities and networking events over three days in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- The selected applicants will be the primary Funshop participants and are expected to contribute to all the activities. This includes the core breakout sessions focused on gathering youth perspectives on issues and opportunities that shape the sport for development sector.
Aligned with UNESCO’s Operational Strategy on Youth 2014-2021, the priorities and specific thematic topics to be covered will be decided by the current Task Force members, together with UNESCO. The 2019 Funshop will be generously supported and hosted by the Lee Seung-Yuop Baseball Foundation, established by Mr Lee Seung-Yuop, the much adored Korean baseball hall-of-fame champion.
Young leaders will be selected from countries across the Asia-Pacific region to participate in the Sport & the SDGs Youth Funshop. To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 18 – 30 years
- Leading or playing an active role in a sports-based social project
- A resident in an Asia-Pacific country (see complete list)
What you need to submit:
- The ‘Application Form’ duly filled in (available online at https://www.youthandsport.org/call-for-applications)
- Your full CV
- A link to your sports-based social enterprise (website, social media platform)
- Your passport or other official government-issued ID (such as driver’s license)
Optional additional documents will be highly regarded, such as:
- A report summarizing your sports-based development activities
- Links to any talks, news articles or advocacy material for you and your work
For more information, visit UNESCO Funshop.