British Council New Art New Audiences 2019 (up to £30,000)
Deadline: July 1, 2019
Applications for the British Council New Art New Audiences 2019 are open. The new Art new Audiences aims to be a catalyst for the creation of new art that reaches new audiences in Sub-Saharan Africa and the UK.
The call is interested in projects that showcase new art to 18 to 35-year-old audiences who haven’t seen your art before in the following art forms: architecture, design and fashion; film; music; dance and theatre; creative economy; cultural skills; literature; visual arts; and any combination of art forms.
They are looking for projects between the UK and two Sub-Saharan Africa regions (East, West, Southern). At least three different countries must be involved in the project, each project must have at least one UK partner and at least one partner from Sub-Saharan Africa (from the countries specified below in eligible countries).
- nAnA will fund 10 new projects in 2019;
- Projects can bid for up to £30,000.
- Please note as well as granting major projects at £30,000 they welcome experimental project proposals in the range of £5,000 to £10,000.
- Open to artists and art organisations in the UK and Sub-Saharan Africa regions;
- nAnA 2019 is particularly interested in supporting projects by artists, arts organisations and/or art collectives that already have, and want to build upon, cross country collaborations and connections. New partnerships are also encouraged;
- There are no restrictions on art forms and there are no restrictions on themes.
- The United Kingdom: England | Northern Ireland | Scotland | Wales
- East Africa: Ethiopia | Kenya | Rwanda | South Sudan | Sudan | Tanzania | Uganda
- Southern Africa: Botswana | Malawi | Mauritius | Mozambique | Namibia | South Africa | Zambia | Zimbabwe
- West Africa: Ghana | Nigeria | Senegal | Sierra Leone
For more information, visit British Council New Art New Audiences.