Nokia Open Innovation Challenge 2019 (Win up to $100K)
Deadline: June 30, 2019
The Nokia Open Innovation Challenge 2019 is now open for entries. Do you have an Industrial Automation innovation that could change the world? This is your chance to win big.
Nokia Open Innovation Challenge offers the opportunity for the bright minded companies to propose the best-in-class products and solutions within the Industrial Automation domain to international jury. The jury will then select the most advanced and innovative candidates to attend the final event in November held at Nokia headquarters. In the final event, these finalists will present their innovative products or solutions to the executive level jury who will then select the winners.
The next generation industrial revolution will not only affect traditional industry operators, but also every single business which has requirements for automation and optimized services. These enterprises are making the leap to a new era of higher productivity and quality with the next generation of connectivity and applications.
NOIC is about evolution and revolution. They are looking for innovations which may already be established, but will reach new heights of interest within the industry given the right support from Nokia; or innovations which are totally new ideas and concepts, but might need some tuning to fit the requirements of potential customers.
Strive to have an innovative mindset. Big innovations have been done and developed when people have looked beyond the obvious. Think big and out of the box.
The main theme of the Nokia Open Innovation Challenge 2019 is Industrial Automation. Industrial automation in this context means intelligence over high performance digital networks, to support unprecedented levels of automation and usher in a new era of productivity for industrials and the public sector.
They are looking for something that might already be established, but could reach new heights of interest with the right support from Nokia; or something which is a totally new idea and concept but would need fine-tuning to fit the requirements of the Nokia Future X Network architecture.
NOIC Executive Jury will have the power of discretion to allocate the cash prize to the best fitting submission or submissions.
- $100,000 1st place
- $50,000 2nd place
- $25,000 3rd place
- Open to companies with an Industrial Automation innovation that could change the world
- They are looking for innovations which may already be established, but will reach new heights of interest within the industry given the right support from Nokia; or innovations which are totally new ideas and concepts, but might need some tuning to fit the requirements of potential customers.
- You should demonstrate your deep domain expertise and prove that you have the ability to scale your business globally.
- Submissions will be assessed on innovativeness, feasibility and scalability of the idea according to the themes as well as the joint business potential.
- The Executive Jury will also assess the suitability and the fit of the submission with respect to the Nokia Future X Network architecture. This will be the main criteria for finalists and their solutions. Finalists will have an opportunity to get familiar with the Nokia Future X Network concepts later in the NOIC process. We encourage applicants to browse through the available material at the end of the themes page.
- Additionally they will pay attention to great founding teams, who can demonstrate their deep domain expertise and prove they have the abilities to scale their business globally.
- Submission phase 1: Do you have a product or a solution which will rock the world of Industrial Automation? Please fill in the submission template with the requested information. There are a number of mandatory questions which are required to be filled in to qualify for the challenge and the next round. All the qualified submissions will enter the Assessment round 1.
- Assessment round 1 – July 8 to August 11, 2019. Within this phase Nokia experts will assess your application and select the most promising ones for the next submission phase. Results announcement: by 27th of August 2019. All participants will be informed by Nokia whether they are selected for the next phase.
- Submission phase 2 – Video – August 27 to September 10, 2019. Now this is the phase where true competition starts. You now have two weeks to complete a max 5-minute video presenting your company and how your product or solution makes you unique. There will be also a section for questions which you will receive from us. Please create your video and post it to YouTube or Vimeo with a public link so that it can be easily accessed by their executive jury.
- Assessment round 2 – September 16 to September 29, 2019. During this phase, experts and mentors from Nokia, Nokia Bell Labs and NGP Capital will review your video submission and online application and select the finalists. Results announcements of the selection will be shared via your registered email address, latest October 7, 2019. Selected companies: Up to six finalists.
- Mentoring Event – October/November 2019, Murray Hill, NJ, USA. The mentoring event is the kick start at preparing yourself for the Grand Final. During these days you have the possibility to meet the mentor(s) assigned to you. You also have the opportunity to learn about the Future X Network and how your proposal/solution would align with the Nokia vision. All 6 winners here!
- Grand final – November 22, 2019, Nokia HQ Espoo, Finland. You have 8 minutes (5 minutes pitch & 3 minutes Q&A) to convince the executive jury. You will compete alongside the other finalists for a cash prize and other opportunities to work with Nokia and Nokia Bell Labs. Pitch format: 5 minutes & 3 minute Q&A. Results announcement: at Nokia HQ, Espoo, Finland.
For more information, visit Nokia Open Innovation Challenge.