NOW-Us! (NOthing about us Without Us) Awards 2019 (Win up to €25,000 and a trip to the Netherlands)
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Applications for the NOW-Us! Awards 2019 are now open. The NOW-Us! Award recognises inspiring inclusive initiatives from Africa and Asia that work to promote diversity and inclusion to trigger the self-empowerment of marginalised and excluded groups and communities.
The NOW-Us! Award accepts initiatives from organisations that are led by, and have been fully developed by, the groups or communities themselves to promote their inclusion in society. In particular, these initiatives should promote one or more of the following themes:
- Improved access to (productive) resources (finance, land and water) and employment
- Improved access to social services, health and education in particular
- Spaces for political participation
- The 10 shortlisted initiatives win a 5-day trip for 2 persons to the Netherlands to participate in the NOW-Us! Innovation bootcamp from 7-12 October (travel expenses and stay are covered by the NOW-Us! Award). Per team, the organisers have a place in the NOW-Us! week for one of each gender.
- The 10 shortlisted initiatives win tickets to the Partos Innovation festival, where their projects are celebrated and they can connect with other like-minded organisations and make their voices heard in international development conversations on inclusion. Nothing about us, without us! in action.
- The numbers 1, 2 and 3 win a Voice grant (worth €25,000, €15,000, and €10,000, respectively) to take home the lessons learned of the NOW-Us! week and implement the proposed initiative.
- Your organisation is legally registered, with a working bank account in your local currency, in any country considered least developed, low-income countries, and/or lower-middle-income range in Africa and/or Asia (See the full list here). Voice focus countries are especially encouraged to apply.
* If you are not a registered organisation, then you can list a host institution that can serve as the legal and financial host for your initiative.
- Your organisation is led by individuals (staffing, governance, in design and in implementation) that belong to the same target group that you serve and benefit
- Your organisation has an annual turnover of less than 2 million Euros
- Your initiative was or has been in implementation for over two years
- You are able to join in the Netherlands from the 7th until the 12th of October, to participate in the NOW-Us! Awards week and attend the Partos Innovation Festival (your travel and accommodation expenses will be covered).
For more information, visit NOW-Us! Awards.