Salzburg Global Forum for Young Cultural Innovators in Canada 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: June 13, 2019
Salzburg Global Seminar invites young cultural innovators based in Canada to apply for the 6th annual session of the Young Cultural Innovators (YCI) Forum, generously supported by Canada Council for the Arts. The YCI Forum offers an opportunity for five participants from Canada to be part of an intensive program taking place at Schloss Leopoldskron in Salzburg, Austria, from October 22 to 27, 2019.
Combining theory and practice, with keynote presentations focusing on “big picture” issues facing the cultural sector and with skills-building sessions on entrepreneurial thinking; human-centered design processes; strategic planning and organizational development; and leadership and values.
The Young Cultural Innovators (YCI) Forum is a ten-year program designed to nurture the current generation of young cultural innovators through capacity building, mentoring, and global networking. The network is multi-disciplinary and encompasses creative disciplines ranging from the visual and performing arts, literature, and cultural heritage, to foods, fashion, architecture, and design.
The YCI Forum aims to empower the creative sector as a catalyst of economic, social and urban transformation around the globe by linking individuals and communities connected to the program with one another through programs in Salzburg, follow-up events, interhub exchanges, cross-border projects, and other activities.
- Participants in the YCI Forum will become members of the Salzburg Global Seminar Fellowship network, which since our inception in 1947, includes more than 37,000 participants from over 170 countries.
- Selected participants will receive a full scholarship to participate in the YCI program, including the session fee, room and board, and travel costs.
To qualify, all applicants must:
- Be 25–35 years of age.
- Be proficient in English, the working language of the Forum.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have at least 2–3 years of professional experience in the arts and culture sector.
- Want to become an active member of the Canada YCI Hub and global network, and be prepared to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining these.
- Aim to create social change and strengthen the position of the arts and cultural institutions within your community.
- Demonstrate creativity in approach to work, openness to innovation and risk-taking, action-orientation, and entrepreneurial inclination.
- Have a cross-sectoral approach to work and demonstrate an interest in building cross-sectoral alliances/partnerships beyond the cultural sector.
- Exhibit passion, enthusiasm, and leadership potential with prizes, awards, recommendations, citations confirming this.
Candidates will be jointly selected by Salzburg Global Seminar and the Canada Council for the Arts. Selection will take into consideration regional and cultural diversity as well as a range of artistic disciplines.
All applicants must submit the following information online using the registration form at my.salzburgglobal.org.
- A personal statement (approx. 500 words) detailing:
- Your motivation for applying to the Young Cultural Innovators Forum;
- A description of the biggest issue facing you in your work;
- What you will contribute to the local and global YCI network;
- How your participation will have an impact on your local community.
- A brief bio (sample on application form).
- A headshot photo of yourself.
- A CV/Resume including name and email address of 2 references.
For questions concerning the application please contact Bernadette Prasser ([email protected]). Please include only the information outlined above. All applications should be directed to Salzburg Global Seminar.
The deadline for applications is June 13, 2019 11:59 PM PST.
For more information, visit Young Cultural Innovators Forum.