Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2019 (Win Cash prizes & trip to Munich)
Deadline: September 2, 2019
Applications for the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award 2019 are now open. The Award supports scientific research that improves our understanding of climate change-related risks. The 2019 Award focuses on how science can help insurers deal with extreme weather and climate risks.
The Award is intended to support researchers whose research focuses on: Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change and fostering resilience by applying technological solutions.
During the event, the four finalists receive:
- Monetary award:
- EUR 7,000 First finalist
- EUR 5,000 Second finalist
- EUR 3,000 Third finalist
- EUR 2,000 Fourth finalist
- Invitation for a one-day Award event in Munich with all costs covered
- Exposure of the finalists’ research projects on the website allianz.com
- Exclusive insights into the insurance industry’s work on climate change and extreme weather events
- Participation in a discussion round with the Award’s jury, experts and other guests from Allianz Group and academia.
- Open to university students currently pursuing either a PhD degree or a post-doc, as well as, recent PhD graduates or recent post-doc graduates. (Graduation/defense of final research to obtain title should not be no more than two years before the time of the application)
- Research should be applicable to focus and topic of Award
- Innovation: Research project is focused on a compelling approach for assessing risks of natural catastrophes and on how new technologies can help mitigate these risks and foster resilient societies
- Impact: Research project can make a difference on the current insurance practice and/or advance current practices around societal resilience
- Applicability: Research project addresses a relevant problem and is ideally connected to a practical solution
- Academic excellence: Sound research approach and methodology
Application form (PDF) must be sent, together with supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must submit a two-page non-technical essay based on their research. Allianz will publish the ten best essays in a compendium.
Supporting documents consists of:
- Research summary (Further info in Application form)
- A letter of recommendation from the candidate’s academic mentor (Further info in Application form)
- Filled and signed declaration form
For more information, visit Allianz Climate Risk Research Award.