Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit 2019 for Sustainability Champions (Scholarship available)
Deadline: July 5, 2019
Applications are open for the Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit 2019. As an integral part of the Our Ocean Conference, Sustainable Ocean Alliance and the University of Tromsø will co-host in cooperation with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the fourth Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit, which will take place in Oslo, Norway on October 23-24, 2019.
The summit is an opportunity to inspire, inform, and empower youth participants to build holistic solutions that better balance the needs of society, industry and the ocean environment. The intended theme for the Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit is “Co-creating the Sustainable Blue Economy”.
- One hundred participants from over 50 countries will receive one complimentary guest pass to participate in the bootcamp and (full or partial) scholarship
- Participate in a solution-driven bootcamp to apply knowledge and technology that can help us protect our oceans
- Raise your profile and network with 500+ policymakers, corporate leaders, heads of international organizations, foundations, and NGOs
- Receive mentorship and develop your professional skill sets by learning from business, government, and science experts
- Meet with entrepreneurs who are building scalable ocean startups to help protect and sustain our ocean
- Become an #SOAOceanLeader and join their global community represented in over 130 countries
- Open to problem solvers and sustainability champions
- Applicants should be below 35 years old
- Background: the extent to which an applicant’s area of focus professionally or academically is relevant to the conference themes.
- Impact: the extent to which the applicant idea solves a real problem in the ocean sector and would provide overall benefits to society.
- Feasibility: how realistic is the proposed commitment/idea/solution.
- Scalability: how can the idea be scaled to new markets and/ or new industries.
- Enthusiasm: how much passion and enthusiasm is shown in the application.
- Vision: the extent to which the commitment aligns with the goals and values of Sustainable Ocean Alliance (SOA).
- Originality: how forward-thinking is the proposed commitment/idea/solution.
- English proficiency: applicant capacity to articulate an idea in English
- Leadership: applicant demonstrate strong communication skills and potential for for leadership.
- Ocean Impact: the level of interest and engagement in sustainability as it pertains to ocean health.
For more information, visit Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit.