Internet Governance Forum Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) 2020
Deadline: June 30, 2019
The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Secretariat is nominating candidates to serve on the 2020 IGF Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG). The Internet Governance Forum’s Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) has been instrumental in planning the programme of the annual IGF meetings.
On behalf of the United Nations Secretary-General, the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) requests nominations from all stakeholder groups, according to the established principles and practices of MAG rotation and selection of its members. Governments, the private sector, civil society, and the technical communities, should submit names of candidates from developed and developing countries as well as from economies in transition.
Successful nominees will become part of the MAG for a period of one year and will contribute to the multistakeholder consultation process, bringing the perspectives of their respective groups on Internet governance.
- MAG members are selected to achieve a balance among all stakeholder groups, while retaining regional and gender representation, according to established procedures;
- All MAG members serve in their personal capacity, but are expected to have extensive linkages with their respective stakeholder groups;
- The main task of the MAG is to provide advice on the programme and main themes of the next annual meeting of the IGF;
- MAG members are expected to attend two to three MAG meetings in Geneva, Switzerland, in addition to the annual IGF meeting. They should participate actively in the preparatory process throughout the year, through engagement in the online multilateral dialogue among MAG members;
- MAG meetings are open to Intergovernmental organizations.
- Governments, the private sector, civil society, and the technical communities, should submit names of candidates from developed and developing countries as well as from economies in transition
Please submit the names of nominees to the IGF Secretariat by 30 June 2019 using the online submission template below.
For more information, visit Internet Governance Forum.