United Nations Youth Climate Summit 2019 at the UN Headquarters in New York (Funded)
Deadline: July 19, 2019
Applications are open for the United Nations Youth Climate Summit 2019. The UN Youth Climate Summit is a platform for young leaders who are driving climate action to showcase their solutions at the United Nations, and to meaningfully engage with decision-makers on the defining issue of our time. This historic event will take place on Saturday, September 21 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, as part of a weekend of events leading up to the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Action Summit on Monday, September 23.
The Youth Climate Summit will feature a full-day of programming that brings together young activists, innovators, entrepreneurs, and change-makers who are committed to combating climate change at the pace and scale needed to meet the challenge. They showcase their solutions, exchange ideas and grow networks, and take their place on the global stage with decision-makers across governments, business and civil society, in line with the UN Youth Strategy: Youth 2030 launched by the Secretary-General last year. It will be action oriented, intergenerational, and inclusive, with equal representation of young leaders from all walks of life.
To recognize the vital role of young people in driving climate action, the UN will offer over 100 “Green Tickets” – funded opportunities for young people, in particular from the least developed countries, to participate in the Youth Climate Summit. The Green Ticket will include travel to and from New York – which will be carbon neutral.
- Open to young innovators, entrepreneurs, change-makers and activists to
- Young people between the ages of 18 and 29 are invited to attend the Youth Climate Summit on September 21, and the UN seeks strong participation from young leaders in the Global South.
- Climate leaders under the age of 18 have the opportunity to attend through a nomination process. Organizations interested in nominating young leaders under the age of 18 should email Yassamin Ansari at [email protected] for additional information.
Attendees will be selected based on
- their demonstrated commitment to addressing the climate crisis and
- their displayed leadership in advancing solutions.
Applications for the Youth Climate Summit are being accepted from today until 19 July, and all applicants will be considered for a Green Ticket.
Disclaimer: If you are not able to complete this application in English and would prefer to access the application in another language, please send an email to ([email protected]).
For more information, visit UN Youth Climate Summit.