British Council Next Generation Nigeria Programme 2019
Deadline: August 7, 2019
Applications are open for the British Council Next Generation Nigeria Programme 2019. Next Generation is a global research programme initiated in countries that are experiencing a period of significant change, with the purpose of ensuring that young people’s voices are heard and their interests properly represented in decisions that will have lasting implications for their lives.
The British Council is looking to commission Next Generation Nigeria and examine how young people there are reacting to ongoing change. The Next Generation Nigeria report will ask a nationally representative sample (95% confidence rate or higher) of young people aged 18-35 who are Nigerian nationals living in Nigeria about their experiences, their engagement in the civic, economic, social and democratic life of their country and their aspirations on influencing their community, country and wider world. This forms part of the global Next Generation series led by the British Council.
The research design is expected to include:
- Desk Research: a comprehensive review of published research on the attitudes, aspirations and behaviours of young people in Nigeria
- Next Generation Survey: an opinion survey that can be implemented across the country by telephone, face-to-face, or online
- In-depth Discussions: qualitative research with young people and other stakeholders to explore in depth themes emerging from the survey data
- Analysis of Data, Conclusions and Recommendations: with a strong focus on policy recommendations
- The consultants will be expected to lead the assignment, but also to work alongside British Council staff in the UK and Nigeria to develop the methodology required as the research develops.
The British Council is looking to appoint a reputable research provider with the following qualities:
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research portfolio, evidenced by previous projects
- Expertise in conducting interviews and identifying case studies – evidenced by previous research projects and consultancies
- Strong dedicated team with suitable experience and qualifications
- Knowledge and expertise of the country of Nigeria
- Experience of working with young people, and with evidence of showing how they can engage and amplify youth voice in this research
- Real understanding of the Next Generation brief
- Offering good value for money
- Capacity to deliver within an agreed timeframe
The final methodology used for this research project will be agreed by the appointed researchers in consultation with the British Council. They are keen to encourage as much youth involvement with the research from start to finish.
Interested consultants are requested to respond to the tender document with details on how you propose to approach the research objectives. All proposals received should include:
- Evidence of relevant knowledge and experience
- Details of approach and methodology to be used
- Qualifications/experience of the team members who will be involved in this project
- Detailed timescale
- Detailed costing plan
Submit your questions and completed response via the InTend portal. The consultancy opportunity is titled ‘Next Generation Nigeria’.
For more information, visit British Council.