Call for Applications: FRIDA Global Committee of Advisors from MENA Region
Deadline: July 22, 2019
FRIDA is calling for applications to join its Global Advisory Committee. They are recruiting passionate and committed young feminist activists from the Middle East and North Africa region. Since its founding, FRIDA has relied on a Global Committee of Advisors made up of mostly young feminist activists from all over the world.
The FRIDA Advisory community is 59-strong and spans across 43 countries. FRIDA relies on its advisors to build a safe space, and to support each other, staff and grantee partners to critically reflect and build on their combined vision for young feminist organizing globally.
These Advisors play a key role in the following areas:
- Collaborating in FRIDA’s annual participatory grantmaking process by conducting outreach, screening applications, reviewing final results, and supporting due diligence.
- Supporting grantee partners’ capacity development and communication with FRIDA.
- Informing strategy and programmatic decisions in various areas of FRIDA’s work through thematic working groups such as Communications, Resource Mobilization, Capacity Development, and Grantmaking.
- Informing FRIDA’s regional strategies.
- Applicants must be aged under 35 years at the time of application;
- Three or more years demonstrated commitment to advancing women’s rights, equality and non-discrimination and feminist movement building;
- Possess skills in such areas as project management, communications, workshop facilitation, capacity-building, movement building and/or monitoring and evaluation;
- Good command of English is important, as well as at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Turkish, Farsi,
- Kurdish. [French and/or Spanish are desirable, but not mandatory]
- Located or from the following countries where FRIDA does not currently have advisors and/or need more advisory support: Algeria, Tunisia, Mauritania, Morocco, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Western Sahara, or Turkey.
Submit your application along with a cover letter and CV via this form
For more information, visit FRIDA.