GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security 2019 (Win CHF 10’000 and a trip to Geneva)
Deadline: September 26, 2019
The Geneva Center For Security Policy (GCSP) and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme are now accepting applications for the 2019 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security. The prize is established to recognise deserving individuals or organisations that have an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It seeks to reward the most inspiring, innovative and ground-breaking contribution of the year, whether this comes in the form of an initiative, invention, research publication, or organisation. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
The Prize consists of a cash award of CHF 10’000, and all travel expenses for the winner to attend the award ceremony in Geneva.
The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges consisting of renowned practitioners from international organisations, governments and the private sector, who will also attend the ceremony. The prize would help fund projects, while providing increased international visibility for the participant’s work. It is part of the Centre’s Creativity and Innovation Initiative, and is meant to stimulate forward-thinking and creative solutions to current issues in international security.
- Applications may come from any country
- The project should go beyond national borders in its reach or thinking
- The project must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas.
- A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
- Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members are not eligible participants.
- Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the prize, and shall include:
- a project abstract of 250 words maximum;
- a well-developed project description which should not exceed 1,000 words in length. The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field;
- up to five image files (optional).
- Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
- Applications must be in English.
They will accept applications until 26 September 2019 at 18:00 UTC+2, and the winner will be announced in November 2019.
For more information, visit GCSP Prize.