Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2019 – Marrakesh, Morocco (Fully-funded)
Deadline: September 15, 2019
The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) is accepting applications for the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2019. The ADEL program fosters a unique network across generations, continents, and cultures, aimed at stimulating generational dialogue within the conference, and beyond, by building a large interconnected community of rising professionals in their respective fields.
The Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders (ADEL) Program is PCNS’s flagship youth program, held two days prior to the Atlantic Dialogues conference. Every year, this program brings together 40 to 50 young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa. These rising leaders have displayed leadership capabilities, and have a strong sense of commitment to social and economic issues facing their communities in particular and the world in general.
The ADEL program will be held December 9-14, 2019 in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- For the 40 to 50 selected participants, PCNS will cover economy class airfare to and from Morocco.
- In addition, local transportation, catering, and hotel accommodation, during the dates of the program and conference will be covered by the conference organizers.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 23 and 35 (inclusive) on July 15;
- Applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Western Europe or the Caribbean – that is, citizens of countries bordering the Atlantic Basin and on the African continent;
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English;
- Applicants must guarantee their availability for the full duration of this six-day program, which will take place from December 9-15, 2019 in Marrakesh, Morocco. Please only apply if you can make yourself available.
The candidates will be scored according to the following selection criteria:
- Professional achievement and professional growth
- Leadership potential and demonstrated leadership in community and/or profession
- Interest in issues affecting Wider Atlantic Relations
- Commitment to global, Atlantic and/or local engagement
- Ability to contribute to the Atlantic Dialogues and Emerging Leaders network
- Ability to clearly express ideas (assessed through personal statement and 1 minute youtube video)
Interested applicants must submit an online application form with the following materials by September 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm Rabat time:
- A copy of their resumes / CVs. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages (PDF format)
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The personal statement should also detail the candidates’ expertise or field of work.
- The link to a one-minute YouTube video addressing the following:
- Introduce yourself
- Why are you applying to the program?
- Do you consider yourself a leader and why?
- You can upload a video to YouTube that will only be visible by recipients of the link (unlisted option).
- All documents submitted must be written in English.
- Make sure you start your application early as PCNS will not be responsible for technical issues that prevent you from submitting your application on time.
For more information, visit Atlantic Dialogues Leaders Program.