Deadline: August 2, 2019
Entries are invited for the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition 2019. The 23rd session of the General Assembly will feature the 4th edition of the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition. The importance of multimedia for tourism communications cannot be underestimated. This is especially true against the backdrop of ever-growing digitalization, changing viewer and user habits and the consolidation of mobile-first strategies.
The competition will feature two categories:
- “Outstanding Country Promotional Videos”, paying tribute to the importance of multimedia for marketing tourism destinations; and
- “Exceptional Stories of Sustainable Tourism”, a new category, aimed underscoring tourism’s contribution to sustainable development, in line with UNWTO’s commitment to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The winners of the 4th edition of the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition will be announced during the 23rd session of the General Assembly.
Videos published between January 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019 may be considered for the Competition.
- Member States are encouraged to submit videos for both categories, thereby contributing to further positioning tourism as a key sector for the economy, business opportunities, jobs and overall sustainable development.
- Affiliate Members are encouraged to submit videos for the new “Exceptional Stories of Sustainable Tourism” category.
- Technical information:
- Full HD (1920×1080)
- Codec: H264 (MP4)
- File size minimum 128 MB
- Min. 1 minute to maximum 5 minutes
- Sending method:
- Use WeTransfer or similar platform
- Address to: [email protected]
- File Name for Member States:
- 1st Category: UNWTO_VC1_CountryName
- 2nd Category: UNWTO_VC2_CountryName
- File Name for Affiliate Members:
For more information, visit UNWTO Competition.