African Women Leadership Fund (AWLF) Program for Women Fund Managers 2019
Deadline: July 28, 2019
Applications are open for the African Women Leadership Fund (AWLF) Program for Women Fund Managers 2019. AWLF is an innovative impact investment fund which aims to accelerate the growth of women-owned and operated funds and companies across Africa.
The African Women Leadership Fund (AWLF) is established by the Economic Commission for Africa under the leadership of the Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations and the Chairperson of the African Union, with support from: UN-Women; the Office of the Special Envoy on Women, Peace and Security of the African Union Commission and the African Women Leadership Network.
AWLF has three programmes: the Emerging Manager Seed Capital programme, Fund of Funds programmes and Co-Investment programmes The African Women Leadership Fund will work with and support women-owned and run fund management companies, as well as women-focused impact funds. To do this, the Fund is investing capital and technical assistance financing utilising a technology platform that manages the identification, capacity building, mentorship, support, and investment into women investors & entrepreneurs at scale.
The program is open to
- Women fund managers, with a track record seeking to raise a fund
- Women professionals working in existing funds, banks, NGOs, incubators, accelerators, multilaterals, corporates and various public and private sector bodies
- Women who have graduated with degrees in finance, business or other related areas
- Women entrepreneurs who have a good understanding of venture-backed investments
- Women angel investors who have had experience in investing in small and medium enterprises (SMEs) or early stage businesses
For more information, visit AWLF.