DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses in Germany 2020/2021
Deadline: Varies from August 31, 2019 – March 31, 2020
Applications are open for the 2020/2021 DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses in Germany. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme)
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines”.
- Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
The postgraduate course and/or the university decide on admission after consideration of the application documents. Admission to the university is a prerequisite for receiving a DAAD scholarship. However, applicants do not need to request early or pre-admission to the university.
Please note that the selection process for all postgraduate courses listed in this booklet lasts from the end of October until March.
For more information, visit DAAD Scholarships.