Hot Job: Gender Assistant needed at the Centre for Human Rights and Democracy in Africa (CHRDA)
Deadline: August 7, 2019
Applications are invited for the position of a Gender Assistant at the Centre for Human Rights and Democracy in Africa (CHRDA). The purpose of the job is to support and guide the implementation of UN Security Council Resolutions 1325 on Women, Peace and Security and UNSCR 2467 on Sexual Violence in Armed Conflicts (SVAC) and other UN related tools for gender equality/equity.
Also to assist in the provision of policy and technical advice within the mission of the organization and host government and partners regarding the advancement of gender equality and women’s rights. In addition, the Gender Assistant will ensure the delivery of appropriate training at all levels, expand partnerships at national and other levels, and disseminate good practice and lessons learnt.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports and/or advises CHRDA on the formulation and implementation of policies and programs promoting gender-sensitive approaches and combating sexual and supports the development and roll-out of gender related training modules and scenario-based training materials. including conflict-related sexual violence and GBV
- Establishes working relationships with the different Institutions. NGOs and CSOs groups.
- Drafts, edits and provides substantive results-based inputs for periodic reports, briefings and speeches on women, peace and security issues at strategic and operational levels.
- Analyze and ensure that interventions are sensitive to issues of inclusion of displaced population groups.
- Monitor and report on the project related gender issues in the region.
- Conducts substantive research and analysis of gender issues in peace operations, utilizing analytical monitoring and evaluation processes, including indicators and benchmarks, to ensure measurement of progress in gender mainstreaming.
- Provides periodic status reports (preferably daily, weekly , monthly and quarterly) to the Gender Officer/partners on the status of women, development of procedures, strategies and plans for training and progress with the implementation of these plans.
- Applicant should have a Master’s Degree in Gender studies or relevant discipline. Certified training in training techniques and strategies or equivalent professional experience as a technical writer;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant and progressively responsible professional experience in training, technical writing and/or management of training teams;
- Must be able to work effectively in a politically sensitive environment and exercise discretion, impartiality and neutrality;
- Proven ability to plan and ensure targets are met;
- Experience and ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframes;
- Excellent planning, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English. French will be an added advantage.
All applications should be sent to [email protected] or deposited at the office of the Center for Human Rights and Democracy in Africa at Bonduma, Biaka Street.
For more information, visit CHRDA Job.