Joel Joffe LLB Scholarships 2020 for study at the University of the Western Cape and The University of Fort Hare
Deadline: September 15, 2019
Applications are open for the Joel Joffe LLB Scholarships for study at the University of the Western Cape and The University of Fort Hare in 2020. They invite applications from current 3rd year students (going into their 4th year in 2020) studying for an LLB at the University of the Western Cape or the University of Fort Hare.
These scholarships are offered in memory of Joel Joffe, who was Nelson Mandela’s lawyer in the 1963/4 Rivonia Trial. He played a crucial role in the struggle for democracy in South Africa. The Trust continues to build on his legacy, inspiring others to do as much as possible to realise human rights and reduce poverty.
The Joel Joffe scholarship includes:
- R40,000 towards the last year of your LLB study
- A paid internship at Equal Education Law Centre or Legal Resources Centre after the completion of LLB study
- An opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organised events
In 2020, the value of the scholarship package is R40,000. Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years. They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
Applicants must be:
- A national of, and normally resident in, South Africa
- In possession of a strong academic record and extra-curricular involvement
- A current undergraduate 3rd year student of Law at the University of the Western Cape or the University of Fort Hare
You can apply by sending your completed application form to email@example.com. Download and save the copy of the applications form on to your computer before you fill it in.
- Application form for LLB students studying at the University of the Western Cape
- Application form for LLB students studying at the University of Fort Hare
For more information, visit Joel Joffe LLB Scholarships.