Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) Young Leaders Program 2019/2020
Deadline: August 25, 2019
Are you interested in learning more about the global climate adaptation agenda? Apply for the Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) Young Leaders Program 2019/2020.
The Global Center on Adaptation actively supports students and young professionals to become leaders in climate change adaptation. As part of their commitment to build on, improve, and deliver breakthrough climate adaptation solutions, they have established two challenging programs for university graduates and young professionals, who are committed to make a difference: the Young Leaders Program and the 20/20 Adaptation Professionals Program.
About the Young Leaders Program
The Global Center on Adaptation offers internships through its Young Leaders Program. Young Leaders work with their team on issues surrounding a new global climate adaptation agenda. Interns contribute to GCA’s policy, advocacy, and research efforts that help societies across the world become more resilient to climate-related threats.
The internship takes place in the Netherlands at the premises of the Global Center on Adaptation, in Rotterdam and/or in Groningen. For a period of four months, Young Leaders work independently and with a team of experts on different assignments in an international and diverse environment.
- The Global Center on Adaptation provides a monthly compensation, determined by interns’ country of residence. Travel expenses related to program activities are reimbursed, except to and from The Netherlands.
- Interns are entirely responsible for their own living costs such as accommodation, health insurance and visa, if applicable.
- Open to all candidates currently enrolled in a graduate program from a variety of fields in the social sciences, sciences and sustainability
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree
- Be enrolled in a graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s or PhD) or have graduated within 6 months of application
- Have a solid understanding of international development and climate change adaptation issues
- Have demonstrable leadership potential
- Be fluent in English. Additional knowledge of other languages such as Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, French, Russian, Portuguese is desirable.
For more information, visit GCA Young Leaders Program.