Bosch/Founders Factory Africa Smart Mobility Start-up Demo Day 2019 (Fully-funded to South Africa + up to $30,000 prize)
Deadline: September 6, 2019
Bosch and Founders Factory Africa are looking for African Smart Mobility start-ups, who are solving mobility issues in Africa. Are you an African start-up entrepreneur addressing pain points in mobility in one or more markets in Africa? Apply now for the chance to win a share of a cash prize of 30,000 US dollars and the opportunity to join a Bosch accelerator programme.
Bosch Africa is offering the first of its kind smart mobility competition. In conjunction with Founders Factory, a corporate-backed technology accelerator and incubator, Bosch is inviting smart mobility start-ups within Africa that are engaged in solving mobility issues on the continent to compete in the Smart Mobility start-up pitch.
This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your start-up solution to Bosch, one of the world’s largest suppliers of Smart Mobility solutions with strong presence and distribution across Africa and to explore areas of collaboration across Africa and globally. If you are an early stage or reaching growth stage start-up with mobility issues in Africa, then apply now.
About Mobility Demo Day
A day bringing together the Top 10 Smart Mobility start-ups from across Africa to pitch to Bosch and Founders Factory Africa for a chance to win a cash prize up to $30,000 and potentially partner with Bosch, as well as be in the running to Founders Factory Africa’s Accelerator Program. Attending the Demo Day will also be investors, partners, and other tech ecosystem players in South Africa.
- Passenger cabin safety
- Public transport route automation
- Connectivity / IoT Solutions
- Urbanisation (connectivity, infrastructure)
- Clean energy and electric vehicles
- Data (could overlap with insurance)
- The top ten Smart Mobility start-ups finalists from Africa who are selected, will have the opportunity to showcase their smart mobility solution in Johannesburg, South Africa on 4 November 2019.
- Three start-up finalists of the Demo Day, picked by Bosch and Founders Factory Africa on the day, will stand a chance of winning up to $30,000 as well as being the first in line for collaboration with Bosch.
- The areas of collaboration with Bosch could include receiving:
- Support on technology and product design
- Accessing data and analytics sets
- Accessing Bosch’s wide network of customers
- Piloting and testing with Smart Mobility teams
- And more to be explored once winners are chosen
- In addition, you may be selected to be in the running to enter Founders Factory Africa’s bespoke Accelerator: a tailored six-month engagement with access to over 40 tech and business experts and designers, as well as Founders Factory Africa’s corporate investors to scale your start-up.
The top 10 start-ups will be invited to come to Johannesburg, South Africa, in the first week of November 2019. All expenses will be covered.
- Open to Smart Mobility start-ups across all countries in Africa
- They are looking for early to reaching growth stage ventures that fit the following criteria and sit within the Smart Mobility themes we’ve identified or other themes.
- They are looking for solutions that could include: connectivity, IoT and big data; vehicle hailing, renting and sharing; charging, parking and city transport infrastructure; clean energy and electric vehicles; automation and delivery; vehicle safety; insurance and more.
- Clearly identified market or customer pain point and value proposition
- Revenue generating an advantage
- Strong technology and business co-founders
- Innovative solution with a validated minimum viable product (MVP)
- Clear potential for growth and increasing unit economics
- Strategic alignment with Bosch’s focus on Smart Mobility Solutions
Fill in a simple form about your start-up HERE and UPLOAD your pitch deck. Finalists will be contacted for interviews. The top 10 start-ups will be invited to come to Johannesburg, South Africa, in the first week of November 2019.
The deadline for applications is 6th September 2019 at 11:59.
For more information, visit Mobility Start-up Demo Day.