UN Habitat Call for Innovative Solutions to Transform Waste to Wealth
Deadline: September 6, 2019
Do you have innovative solutions to transform waste to wealth? Respond to this call! This year, World Habitat Day is calling attention to the issue of waste, wishing to change the discourse into a positive one, where waste is presented as an opportunity to bring about wealth and change in the communities and cities where we live.
UN-Habitat is calling for you to share your innovative solutions and best practices that transform waste to wealth. The objective is to collate the best solutions and innovative practices from around the world and present these at World Habitat Day for practitioners to take home and be inspired to replicate them.
- The best 20 submissions will be published and showcased as part of World Habitat Day. Other relevant submissions will be published on the UN-Habitat website and shared with Waste Wise Cities Campaign.
- Open to everyone who is passionate about solving the challenges of waste management by using the opportunities it offers!
- Potential to sustainably impact the lives of many people, especially vulnerable groups as urban poor, women, youth, disabled, informal workers
- Environmentally friendly, socially acceptable and economically feasible
- Localizing the Sustainable Development Goals
- Contributing to achieve the New
- Urban Agenda
Please send the following documents to email@example.com. Strictly maximum 2 page concept note including:
- Description (goal, target groups, possible target indicators)
- Status of the proposal (designing phase, implementing phase, operational phase)
- Financial budget (capital investment and operational cost)
- Focal person and organisation
For more information, visit UN Habitat.