Vlisco Fashion Fund Competition 2019 for African Fashion Designers (Funding of €5000)
Deadline: October 1, 2019
Applications are open for the Vlisco Fashion Fund 2019 for Emerging Designers and Tailors. The Vlisco Fashion Fund supports emerging designers and tailors in the process of establishing a career in fashion. They share knowledge, give access to an expanded network, and help emerging fashion talent with skill-strengthening and brand-development for their African fashion labels.
How the Competition Works
Selected applicants are invited for an interview and sewing test, after which 3 candidates are chosen as finalists per country category. Those finalists are given an assignment to complete, which is judged by an international panel of fashion professionals. Seven winners are chosen, one from every country category: Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ivory Coast, DRC, Ghana, and ‘Global’ which includes the rest of Africa and the diaspora.
- Vlisco Fashion Fund winners receive career funding of €5000 to invest in new equipment, to help finance the set-up of a studio, or to otherwise facilitate business growth. Each winner will also be invited to participate in professional training workshops.
- Open to African fashion designers, 20-30 years of age, living in or outside Africa
- Applicants must be able to design and sew their own clothes
- Download application form after agreeing to the terms and condition
- Fill out application form by computer, or by hand if necessary
- Prepare a portfolio of max. 8 images
Send complete application and portfolio in one email to email@example.com
For more information, visit Vlisco Fashion Fund.