African Culture Fund (ACF) Grants 2019 for African Artists (Up to USD $10,000)
Deadline: October 12, 2019
The African Culture Fund has launched its second call for proposals for the ACF Grants 2019. The African Culture Fund is a pan-African organization that aims to support the professionalization of the cultural and creative sector of African countries through innovative artistic projects that it finances.
For this second call, the Fund supports activities and projects that fall into the following areas.
- Lot 1 : Performing arts
The projects involved in this call are activities and projects of creation, production and dissemination of works and capacity building in the field of the performing arts. The current call concerns the following performing arts: music, dance and theater.
- Lot 2 : Visual arts
The projects involved in this call are activities and projects of creation, production and dissemination of works and capacity building in the field of visual arts. This call concerns traditional visual arts, photography, digital art, decorative arts (textile art, design, marquetry…) as well as all pre-production, production, post-production, dissemination and distribution concerning the following cinematographic and audiovisual disciplines:
- Fiction / animation (short films, medium-length films, feature films or series);
- Documentaries (unitary or series);
- Art videos.
- The maximum budget is USD $10,000
- ACF does not grant mobility grants. However, travel expenses can be covered when they are part of the implementation of a project.
- Be an African artist or cultural actor or from the African diaspora, an artistic or cultural organization or association established in Africa or cooperating on African projects with at least one African organization and having at least three years of experience;
- Have a structure or be a member of an artistic or cultural organization or association;
- Have a legal status (organizations);
- Present a structuring project in response to the call for projects.
Applications are evaluated based on the following:
- The originality / innovation / creativity of the project or concept ;
- The technical quality of the file;
- The financial quality of the project ;
- The relevance / sustainability of the project or concept in relation to the African or regional context.
For more information, visit ACF Grants.