14th Biennial of Contemporary African Art International Exhibition 2020 in Dakar, Senegal
Deadline: September 15, 2019
Artists are invited to apply for the 14th Biennial of Contemporary African Art International Exhibition 2020. The Biennial of Contemporary African Art, under the care of the Ministry of Culture and Communication of the Republic of Senegal is an international artistic event devoted to contemporary visual arts, gathering African artists and of the diaspora around various activities, as well as professionals of contemporary art from all continents.
The Biennial objectives are:
- To support and foster the creativity, promotion and dissemination of the visual arts;
- To promote African visual artists on the international stage;
- To promote the strengthening of the presence of contemporary African art on the international art market;
- Contribute to the development of art critic and publications on contemporary African art and artists.
- The “Grand Prix Léopold Sédar SENGHOR” sponsored by the President of the Republic of Senegal. It is awarded to the winner of the international Exhibition
- The Revelation Award offered by the Minister of Culture and Communication to one of the artists participating in the international Exhibition
- The Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) Award
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Award
- The West African Monetary and Economic Union (UEMOA) Award
- Open only to African artists and the diaspora
Candidates must submit a completed application form and the required documents, as described below, on USB flash drive to be sent by e-mail to [email protected] and by post before September 15, 2019 to the General Secretariat of the Biennial of Dakar, located at 19 Avenue Hassan II 1st Floor. BP: 3865. Dakar, Senegal.
This file must include:
- The completed application form;
- A biography of up to 15 lines in English and French;
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- Two recent high-resolution pictures;
- A scanned copy of the valid passport until December 31, 2020
- Five high-definition reproductions (300 dpi for 30×50 cm) of works dating from October 2018 (artist’s property) on paper or digital (photographs, DVDs, CDs). The name of the photographer is required, as is the date of creation;
a text presenting the works and their technical data (references of the parts, title of the work, dimensions, materials, value of the work and insurance, addresses of places of origin and delivery of works at the end of The biennial 2020);
- Articles in art papers and critical texts on the artist’s work, one or more expert testimonials recognized (optional).
- A letter of commitment from the artist who, in case of selection, agrees to take care of the packaging of the works with an indication of their dimensions, weights and volumes. Works intended for the international exhibition must be properly packaged (see article 7 of the rules of procedure) and shipped in crates with screwed lids to facilitate their return. They must be ready not later than one month after notification to the artist, by the General Secretariat of the Dakar Biennial, of the decision of the International Selection Committee. They must be easily transportable.
For more information, visit Biennial of Contemporary African Art.