Daniele Tamagni Grant for Higher Photography Education 2019 (Bursary of 9,000 ZAR)
Deadline: October 10, 2019
Applications are open for the Daniele Tamagni Grant for Higher Photography Education 2019. This is an international Photography Grant with funding for a Scholarship for higher education and is designed to sponsor young and emerging photographers.
The spirit of this initiative promotes the dissemination of the African culture, its creativity, the impact of its visual aesthetics on the continent and the diaspora and the in-depth exploration of the photography media.
The Recipient of the Scholarship will be entitled to:
- Advanced Programme in Photography or Photojournalism and Documentary Photography Programme yearly tuition at the Market Photo Workshop School in Johannesburg, South Africa (end of January to December 2020)
- A return Economy class air-ticket from the place of residence to Johannesburg, South Africa
- Assistance in the visa application, when required
- Health and Repatriation Medical Insurance for the length of the Scholarship
- A monthly bursary of 9,000 ZAR for accommodation, meals, transport and other out of pocket expenses
- Curation of a new body of work to be developed during the Scholarship and to be presented for admission to the 2020 edition of the Festival Visa pour l’Image
- The Recipient of the Scholarship in September 2020 will travel to Perpignan, during the Visa pour l’Image. There the Recipient will be introduced to international Photo Editors and, based on the quality of the portfolio earlier presented, have the opportunity to take part in dedicated programs and conferences
Applicant must verify that
- Her/his age is between 18- 30 years (as at July 31, 2019)
- To be the sole author of the photographs
- Has ownership of the proprietary rights in the photographs
- The submitted portfolio does not infringe third party copyrights or violates privacy rights
- Credits, captions and authorial terms exclusively belong to the applicant and the Recipient agrees for communication, promotion and cultural initiatives. The Daniele Tamagni Estate will license, with terms of perpetuity and free of rights, the use of the pictures from the Submission and Graduation Portfolios (the digital files and its reproduction).
Each applicant must submit the following:
- A portfolio of min 20, max 30, fully captioned images, 72 DPI (jpg), 1200 pixels longest size, captioned
- Max 2 projects with a synopsis or a description of the project(s). (PDF, max 500 strokes)
- A declaration of proficiency and command of English to follow the Scholarship
- A short bio and a motivation statement for attending the course
- Only, when feasible, a brief testimonial by their Teacher(s).
For more information, visit Daniele Tamagni Grant.