Apply to become Ashoka Young Changemaker Program Intern in Bangalore, India
Applications to become Ashoka Young Changemaker Program Intern in Bangalore, India are open. Ashoka believes in empowering its interns to take on their own initiatives while supporting ongoing projects. It is therefore important that Ashoka interns be selfstarters with a true passion for the field of social entrepreneurship. Interns make up an important part of the Ashoka India office and are given a great deal of responsibility.
To succeed, young people need to be capable of developing an idea, building a team, and changing their world to thrive in this new changemaker environment. Based on the experience of Ashoka’s social entrepreneurs, they know that young people who learn changemaking early are more likely to become successful social entrepreneurs as adults. Through this movement to put young people in charge, Ashoka is helping society develop the next generation of changemakers and social entrepreneurs, working for the good of all. Now is the moment to ensure everyone knows they can turn ideas into reality and change the world for the better, and build a society where the practice of changemaking becomes the norm.
The typical responsibilities of an Ashoka Young Changemaker program Intern include but are not limited to:
- Search and engage for potential Ashoka Young Changemakers and changemaker schools through research, contact with nominators, etc.
- Revise received applications in terms of Ashoka’s selection criteria
- Help create candidate profiles for submission to the International Board of Ashoka and have good writing skills.
- Be present at individual interviews with candidates
- Accompany Ashoka staff on field visits
- Facilitate collaboration between Fellows and Young Changemakers in the Ashoka Network
- Organize events, workshops or mentoring sessions for our Network
- Estimated hours required per week: 40
- The estimated duration of the project is: 3-6 months
- This position is On-site in Bangalore, India
- The office can provide amenities to Interns such as: Internet, Office space
- Language Requirements English; Hindi (If possible Indian Languages)
*This is an unpaid, internship opportunity*
Ashoka interns are typically individuals who are willing and able to work in a number of different capacities. The Young Changemaker Intern, in particular, will be responsible for producing a number of official documents and attending diverse events pertaining to Ashoka Young Changemakers and prospective Ashoka Fellows.
Interns should therefore have:
- Self-motivation and entrepreneurial ability
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative, creative office environment
- Desire to cause systemic change and experience in the development space.
- Proficiency in English and good writing skills
- Profound qualitative analysis skills · Great attention to detail
For more information, visit Ashoka India.