Comic Relief Grants for UK Organisations Tackling Violence against Women and Girls 2019
Deadline: September 4, 2019
Applications are open for the Comic Relief Grants for UK Organisations Tackling Violence against Women and Girls 2019. Comic Relief believes women and girls should have equal power and agency in decision-making at all levels. One of the ways in which they have been working towards this vision since they began is through funding organisations working to end gender-based violence.
Through this grant, they want to make targeted investments in UK women’s organisations which provide frontline services to meet the needs of women and girls facing multiple disadvantage across one or more strands of Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG).
- They expect to make up to 15 investments of £50,000 – £250,000.
- Funded projects will need to start-up in January 2020 and run for no more than 12 to 15 months.
- Funding can be used to cover specific project activities and core costs that can be evidenced as directly related to the proposed project.
Open to organisations working towards prevention of GBV in the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland)
Proposals should respond to one or more of this programme’s aims:
- Maintain / improve support for women and girls who are experiencing or at risk of violence and abuse;
- Expand reach and support for women and girls who face additional barriers in accessing services such as BAMER (Black, Asian Minority Ethnic and Refugee), older, LBTI (Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex), and disabled communities;
- Capture the lived experiences of women and girls to inform the design and delivery of services, practice and policy;
- Coordinate cross sector partnerships to build more trauma-informed, joined-up care pathways that meet the holistic needs of women and girls.
Before you can submit your proposal successfully, the system checks whether you have completed all mandatory sections and questions. The system will flag any unanswered questions to you. Read the full application guidance.
For more information, visit Comic Relief Grants.