European Commission Blue Book Traineeship Programme 2020 (Paid position)
Deadline: August 30, 2019
Applications are invited for the European Commission Blue Book Traineeship Programme 2020. Each year the European Commission offers 2 five month, paid traineeships, for 1,800 trainees; administrative or translation. Starting on 1 March or 1 October, trainees gain hands-on experience of EU policy making in a multicultural environment.
Trainees work all over the European Commission/Services/Agencies mostly in Brussels, but also in Luxembourg and across the European Union. The content of the job depends on the service you are assigned to. You may, for example, work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy etc.
The traineeship offers:
- EU knowledge – insight into the processes and policies of the European Institutions
- Practical experience – an opportunity to play a part in the Commission’s day-to-day business
- Opportunity to put academic theory into practice
- The living allowance for the 2019 traineeships sessions will be €1,196.84 per month.
- Open to all EU citizens regardless of age. A limited number of places are also allocated to non EU nationals
- Have a university degree or equivalent, of at least 3 years of study, corresponding to a complete cycle (Bachelor’s);
- Have a very good knowledge (C level as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) of two EU official languagues, one of which must be a procedural language: English or French or German. For non EU nationals only one procedural language is required.
- Have no prior work experience of any kind, in excess of 6 weeks in any EU institution, body or agency, EU delegations, with Members of Parliament (MEPs) or Advocates General at the EUCJ.
For more information, visit Blue Book Traineeship.