British Council West Africa Creative Enterprise Support Programme Abuja 2019
Deadline: September 18, 2019
Applications are invited for the British Council West Africa Creative Enterprise Support Programme Abuja 2019. The programme offers enterprise, artistic, technical and skills training to existing and potential fashion and fashion-tech entrepreneurs in Abuja.
The Creative Enterprise Support Programme will take place in Abuja from November 2019 until May 2020. The Programme is an extension of the British Council’s Creative Hubs Programme which was first launched in 2017, which aims to upskill young and emerging creative entrepreneurs towards the development of successful businesses which create job opportunities and prosperity in respective countries. They will do this through training, mentoring, coaching, internships opportunities, etc.
- Be of Nigerian descent and resident in Abuja, Nigeria
- Be within the age range of 18 – 35, as at the time of submission of application
- Own/run a fashion/fashion-tech business which has been in establishment for no more than 2 years and is looking to further establish and grow. (Please note: Only one person per enterprise/business will be accepted to participate in this programme)
- Be available to participate and commit fully to the full length of the West Africa Creative Enterprise Support Programme (Abuja) as described below:
- November 4 – 15, 2019: A two-week intensive fashion-tech training programme for 60 participants
- November 2019 – May 2020:
- 6-month fashion-tech incubation programme for 30 successful participants, selected from the two-week training. The incubation programme will include 3 months of face-to-face training (3 days a week) and 3 months of internship and mentorship opportunities. The programme schedule will be shared with selected participants.
- Within this period, there will be a pitch event for the fashion/fashion-tech entrepreneurs.
For more information, visit British Council.