Call for Papers: World Bank Group Land and Poverty Conference 2020
Deadline: October 13, 2019
Call for submission of papers for the World Bank Group Land and Poverty Conference 2020 are now open. This year’s conference theme will be: Institutions for Equity & Resilience. The Conference will be held from March 16–20, 2020 in Washington, DC.
The Land and Poverty conference 2020 presents the latest research and innovations in policies and good practice on land governance around the world. This conference has become one of the largest international events on land governance, attracting over 1,400 participants from governments, academics, civil society, and the private sector.
- Academic economic research quantitative impact evaluations
- Data driven land policy; innovations in use geospatial/ML/AI data
- Land policy reform & structural transformation; political economy
- Land (rental) markets
- Land tenure security and gender, youth, indigenous peoples; marginalization
- Tenure rights and resilience; climate change; natural resource management
- Large-scale land acquisition; State land management
- Land for urban expansion and affordable housing; land acquisition
- Property tax and land value capture
- Digital Development and Land information and administration; Data protection; Data ownership
- Regulatory reforms, Institutional innovation, sustainability; financing improvements
- Global policies and agreements; mobilizing for land transparency
- Open to participants from governments, academics, civil society and the private sector from all over the world.
Abstract selection for presentation is through a double-blind peer-review process. The Criteria are
- Relevance to conference thematic tracks
- Innovative and new
- Evidence-based and methodological appropriateness
- Significance for policy, interventions or research agenda; and
- Clarity of proposal.
Abstracts should be between 800 and 1,500 words, anonymous, written in American English, and submitted online in Word format. Abstracts less than 800 words will not be reviewed.
Submit abstract for oral presentation of an individual paper, poster, or MasterClass by October 13, 2019 via ConfTool (Please view guidelines on how to create a new user account and how to submit an abstract. Proposals for a panel are not accepted.
For more information, visit World Bank Group.