Apply to become a Video Editor at British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Africa in Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: September 22, 2019
Applications are invited for the Video Editor position at British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Africa. The BBC World Service has embarked on an exciting journey with unprecedented investment in creating multi-media content for audiences in Africa. The investment includes a series of high impact Television programmes and digital output, produced at the production hub in Nairobi.
Your role as Video Editor will play a key role in helping the BBC’s content reach underserved audiences – such as younger, more female and more diverse demographics in Africa. You will work with the Africa TV programme teams, stakeholders in the Nairobi bureau, the TVU in London and other teams as required, to assemble video and associated sound input from all sources to partner stations, WS TV, video and digital outlets.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a Video Editor to join the BBC Africa team in Nairobi. Fundamental responsibilities will include editing pictures and sound to support multilingual, multi–media and multi–platform reports. You will record incoming pictures and sounds from all sources, from regions and remote locations, to refine them for transmission.
- Applicant must have a thorough understanding of live television production techniques;
- You will have the ability to work effectively with production teams and understand their requirements, operational and production;
- It is necessary to understand the requirements of TV and online video output and how it fits within the editorial proposition and strategy of BBC World Service and BBC News. An an intimate working knowledge of the latest versions of editing software and file transfer programmes is essential;
- In addition to this, you will have knowledge of transmission procedures and talkback techniques, experience in recording and transmitting pictures and sound in all broadcast formats.
For more information, visit BBC Africa.