European Solidarity Corps Call for Volunteers for a Project in Zagreb, Croatia
Deadline: September 15, 2019
The European Solidarity Corps is calling on interested individuals to apply to volunteer for a Project in Zagreb, Croatia. The project will be from October 1, 2019 to April 1, 2020. The aim of the project is to provide opportunities to young people to develop themselves personally and professionally and to provoke motivation within the young people to more actively participate in their local community spreading EU values with the emphasis on healthy lifestyle and solidarity.
The main idea is to raise the issue of the importance of voluntarism as a way of obtaining unique knowledge, skills and attitudes that will further help young people to improve their competitiveness in the labor market. The volunteers will develop their key competencies, understand them deeply and leave their mark by influencing on social media, filming and editing videos. The project aims to solve inactive youth issue and encourage young people to be more active by influence them through social media trends.
- Accommodation is fully covered and free of charge. The facilities are fully equipped with furniture and independent heating system. There is also internet connection to the whole area. Volunteers are responsible for cleaning and preserving their accommodation. You will be living with other people in an apartment(1-3) and have your own room.
- Travel budget: 275 Euros – travel tickets can be bought through Ocean Znanja
- Food money for 4 weeks: 150 Euros
- Pocket money for 4 weeks: 150 Euros. You will receive the money for the first month on your bank account a few days after you arrive
- You will be enrolled in the on arrival training organized by the Croatian National Agency. You will be educated in the receiving organization about preparing a scenario, how to use a camera, how to film, edit and create amazing engaging videos and movies. You will get an online language course for Croatian language.
- Applicant should be aged from 18 to 30 years (not had the the 31st birthday yet);
- Be motivated to work on the topic of solidarity, EU citizenship, healthy lifestyle, intercultural community;
- Have basic English speaking skills and an extra plus if you know a language similar to Croatian (for eg. Serbian, Bosnian, Macedionian, Slovenian);
- Motivated to learn about Croatian culture and language Motivated to promote their work on social media of the hosting organization;
- Be easy to communicate with, flexible and responsible;
- MUST have basic knowledge of handling the camera. If you have your own camera – great!
Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Belarus, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Algeria, Estonia, Egypt, Greece, Spain, Finland, France, Georgia, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Iceland, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Libya, Morocco, Moldova (Republic of), Montenegro, North Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Palestine, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Russian Federation, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Kosovo * UN resolution, British Antarctic Territory, Anguilla, Aruba, Bermuda, Bonaire Sint Eustatius and Saba, Curaçao, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Greenland, British Indian Ocean Territory, Cayman Islands, Saint Martin (french part), Montserrat, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, St Pierre and Miquelon, Pitcairn, Turks and Caicos Islands, French Southern and Antarctic Territories, Virgin Islands (British), Wallis and Futuna
For more information, visit European Solidarity Corps.